Caesar Salad Dressing
My sister Rose is a great cook. Rose's Caesar Salad Dressing is fantastic and easy to make. You can make it ahead of time, just make sure to mix it well prior to tossing the salad, it does separate.
Here are the ingredients:
- ½ cup (118 ml) Olive oil
- ½ cup (118 ml) Hellman's mayo
- ½ - ¾ tsp (3 - 4 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ - ½ tsp (2 - 3 ml) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tsp (5 - 10 ml) of mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of liquid honey
- 2 - 3 cloves of crushed garlic (medium to large size cloves)
- 1 cm (¼ inch) anchovy paste (optional)
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) of salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) of fresh ground pepper
Mix all ingredients very well and toss the salad just before serving, and at the very end, add lots of coarsly grated Parmigiano - Reggiano cheese and some hot oven croutons. The beauty with this dressing is that you can add more or less of any of the ingredients to suit your taste.
Wine pairing and recommendations:A nice crisp Chardonnay goes great with a Caesar salad. Try a BC wine from Church and State outside Victoria. Their Chardonnay is a super buy. This is a great wine with citrus, melon and apple flavours.
Kiss the cook,