Beef Jerky Anders' wayMaking beef jerky is not as hard as it may seem. You do need some patience but the end result is well worth it. Here are the ingredients for my beef jerky:
- 2 lbs of lean meat (it does not have to be a fancy cut, you rather want a cut that is not to marbled or fatty)
- 2 cans of beer ( I prefer an ale)
- 1 cup of soy sauce - I use "China Lily Soya Sauce"
- ¼ cup of Canadian Maple Syrup
- 2 tbs of fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp of liquid smoke
In the morning, remove the meat and pad dry with paper towel. Spread the meat out on an oven rack about ¼ inch apart. Line the bottom of the oven with tin foil to collect the drippings.
Preheat oven to 200°F then insert the rack with the meat and leave it in for 4 hrs. Remove and let cool. I have kept the jerky in the fridge for 4-6 weeks. You can also freeze it.
Try to experiment with the marinade adding different products and sauces.... you will love it.
Kiss the cook,